PDF datasheet (108kb)
The demands of an increasingly deregulated energy and
utilities market environment are compelling Participants to become
innovative and competitive.
Leveraging the most from the information
obtained from industry groups such as NEMMCO and external sources
is crucial if Participants
are to gain a deeper understanding of trading and operational
strategies that enhance competitive advantage.
MGA assists Participants to
develop applications and increase the reliability and robustness
of the underlying Oracle systems that
deliver this mission critical information.
MGA was founded in Victoria in 1988 by Mark
Gurry to deliver Oracle expertise in database support and development
with a particular
focus on optimising the performance of systems. Mark Gurry is the
author of a series of books published by O’Reilly, with the
latest book “Oracle SQL Tuning” the best selling IT
book globally during the June 2003.
The company focuses in the utility
sector globally, leveraging the work that MGA performs with NEMMCO.
Since the national electricity
market inception, MGA has continued to work closely with NEMMCO
particularly on the market systems.
- Designed and developed Outage and Switch Management Systems,
Outage Scheduling, Operational Planning Systems for bidding in
- Designed and developed InfoServer/Replica with NEMMCO.
- Implemented many of the NEM participants’ infrastructure
requirements for server and database technologies.
- Designed Settlements Systems;
- Experience with Avera e-terra products, Alstom ESCA, Habitat;
- Enhancements and tailoring of existing packaged systems.
- Australia: NEMMCO, Energex, Snowy Hydro Limited, Yarra Valley
Water, VicPower Trading, Edison Mission Energy, Loy Yang Power,
Hydro Tasmania and Southern Hydro;
- International: Bonneville Power Administration, Florida
Power and Light, Entergy, Grid South, Midwest ISO and Ercot.
MGA has experience with:
- Oracle, J2EE, Oracle iDS, Delphi;
- Nemparser, PIMMS, SDFiler, CSV Files, Replica, InfoServer,
Monitoring and Alerts, Habitat;
- Settlement and Trading, Asset Management, Risk and Forecasting,
Market Systems; and
- Data Transformation services.
- Design and development of industry specific applications, using
resources experienced in the utility sector;
- Application DBA support including purging and data archiving;
- Health Checks of your InfoServer environments, to reduce risk
of failure and improve performance and robustness;
- Database replication between Oracle and SQL Server for reporting
and DR, using technology currently used in all NEM participant
- Oracle and SQL Performance Tuning, team managed by Mark Gurry
using MGA EagleEye our in-house developed specialist tuning and
SLA management product;
- Upgrades of Oracle Database versions, installation and upgrades
of new versions of Replica, by a team of experienced DBAs;
- DBA cover and remote support services including 24*7 services,
by a team who support over 50 contracted clients; and
- Review your current outsourcer’s processes for managing
your environment to ensure they are aligned with best practice.
For more information on Energy and Utilities Capabilities, or other
MGA products & services please contact